Death certificate is a document issued by the Municipality/Government authority of the place where the death took place, stating the date, fact, and cause of death. It is essential to register death for relieving the deceased from social, legal and official obligations, and to enable settlement of property inheritance, and to authorize the family to collect insurance and other benefits. We will require an authorization letter from the applicant in favor of SERVICES4NRI to request for Death Certificate. We will scan an image of the certificate and send it via email, where physical delivery is needed within India, or International, the courier will be charged extra. We can facilitate the document collection, which will be required for getting the Death certificate but the client should make sure that all the documents are up to date without any errors.
Purpose of Death Certificate
Death certificates are essential for the following below-given purposes.
- A death certificate is a documentary proof for the cause of death of a person.
- Death certificate gives information related to the time of death, date of death and place of death of a person.
- A death certificate can be used to relieve the person from social, legal and official commitments.
- To settle the property inheritance, a death certificate is one of the mandatory documents.
- The death certificate is enabling the family member of the deceased to collect insurance and other benefits.
- A death certificate is also used for genealogical information.
The following are the information needed while applying for the certificate:
- Proof of birth of the deceased
- An affidavit specifying the time and date of the death
- The required fee in the form of court fee stamps
- A copy of the ration card.
- Aadhar Card.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC).
Note: SERVICES4NRI cannot be held responsible for any bureaucratic delays or delays due to insufficient or delayed information/documentation shared by the client. Certificate will be issued by the local authorities so it depends that either they provide the document in Local language or English language.
Estimated time: Upto 2 to 4 weeks